Customers & Partners
- Technology Appraisals programme at NICE
- UK National Screening Committee
- National Specialised Commissioning team
- NIHR Health Technology Assessment programme
- Department of Health policy and research teams
- Wider NHS – commissioners and providers
- Health professionals and patients
- Evaluation Pathway for Medical Technologies at NICE
- Interventional Procedures Programme at NICE
- Joint Committee on Vaccination and Immunisation
- National Innovation Centre
- British HIV Association
The NIHR Horizon Scanning Centre works closely with many UK organisations and individuals, as well as international networks and organisations.
We recognise the importance of working with manufacturers and developers to identify and prioritise emerging and new health technologies and welcome the opportunity to discuss development pipelines with commercial developers.
If you wish to send us information about any development you think we should investigate please complete the relevant information pro-forma. We undertake to respect any confidential or commercially sensitive information you provide.
- UK PharmaScan is a secure horizon scanning database populated by manufacturers with information on new medicines in development from up to three years before their launch in the UK or start of phase III clinical development, whichever is the earlier. UK PharmaScan is designed to reduce duplication of information provided to UK horizon scanning organisations and to support better NHS planning for the introduction of new medicines to patients. The HSC is a member of the UK PharmaScan Oversight & Governance Committee and the User Group. We encourage pharmaceutical companies to register for UK PharmaScan and input information on relevant products.
- Evaluation Pathway for Medical Technologies is an evaluation programme at NICE which focuses specifically on the evaluation of a small number of innovative medical technologies.
Manufacturers sending the NIHR HSC information about significant emerging medical devices and/or diagnostics will be encouraged to complete the topic notification form on the NICE website in addition to the NIHR HSC proforma. This will ensure that relevant technologies are considered by the Evaluation Pathway. The NIHR HSC remains interested in receiving information about significant emerging technologies.
The NIHR HSC works closely or has links with:
- United Kingdom Medicines Information (UKMi)
- National Prescribing Centre (NPC)
- NIHR Evaluation, Trials and Studies Coordination Centre
- Scottish Medicines Consortium
- The NIHR HSC is a member of and host to the Secretariat for EuroScan International Network: the International Information Network on New and Changing Health Technologies.
- The NIHR HSC is a member of INAHTA: the International Network of Agencies for Health Technology Assessment.
- Members of the NIHR HSC are also individual members of Health Technology Assessment International